day 1 was a success!
the cleanse arrived on time and in tact, which is always a good sign (juiceries ship these fedex express so they arrive around noon and then they should be refrigerated immediately- so make sure you are able to pick it up when it arrives!)
i was excited to try my glow bio because kimberly provides you with a mix of smoothies and juice (with probiotics) vs. juice + nut milk like the other cleanses... i was curious to see the benefits (if any) of including fiber via the smoothies.
the cleanse is supplemented with some additional booster shots and bee pollen to improve efficiency and provide you with energy. i chose level 2 (because i have experience with cleanses! beginners, level 1 - it comes with almond milk as well!) and asked that my drinks be made without stevia, b/c stevia makes me want to vom.
my day (and thoughts) went kinda like this...
- wake up, drink hot water with lemon. (and a little bit of espresso - the juice won't be here for awhile!)
- pick up juice. (play with camera b/c the light is great!) organize and number bottles b/c i'm terrible at following directions unless they are obvious. (BPC & PJ pre-number the bottles!)
- drink first GGS (glowing green smoothie) - tastes great but is much thicker than my version. seriously, how am i supposed to chew this as recommended?
- take first immunity booster shot. (remember why i don't take shots in general. not very good at it!)
- drink green tea + water (water throughout the day!)
- first green juice goes down realllllly easy. (i am awesome! i will juice all day for 30 days like in fat sick and nearly dead! i will look so amazing next month in mexico!!!)
- second juice is delicious but i can't finish it. in a meeting i feel oddly clammy. this feeling doesn't go away all day. (detox?! i hope i don't smell!)
- feel a little tired and realize it's time for some bee pollen. bee pollen supposedly enhances metabolism, which is awesome, but tastes... interesting. (i want a cupcake!)
- third juice is delicious again, but i can't finish it. i regularly could not finish juices in other cleanses, so i'm not worried. (an olive garden commercial comes on and looks delicious. uh oh. cannot stop thinking about victoria's queso!)
- "debloater" shot - cranberry and something "healthy"... (this would be much better with vodka and a lime!)
- last GGS of the day... (rocky theme song... i did it!)
so that was that! i survived day one. if memory serves me right, tomorrow will be tough and then saturday i will feel like a warrior. I'll let you know!
lots of the comments i got today were about people thinking i was brave or being afraid of a cleanse - don't be! you can cleanse and detox at any level - you could even eat all green salads for a day and that would be a cleanse! i work best within a refined structure so this works perfectly for me! as with anything, just do what feels right!
have an amazing weekend, friends! everyone drink a glass of champagne for me!
UPDATE - I had written a follow up but never posted it, but I see that lots of you are curious so I thought I'd update so that you get a full review!
life took a turn for the crazy after i finished the glow bio cleanse (basically, i realized that THIS was really happening) and i never got around to posting my recap. but - it was amazing.
as i said, i've tried various cleanses over the years... and i can now say that my glow bio was my favorite, followed by pressed juicery. although blue print (and suja) is now available at my whole foods, i don't love the taste and don't really think their cleanses or juices are worth the price.
the most important point of distinction in the my glow bio cleanse apart is the addition of smoothies... unlike with the other cleanses, i never felt hungry, had little to no cravings, and never felt the head in the clouds sugar high i'd come to expect while cleansing. i was able to live my life while cleansing (with the exception of working out - i only did yoga) instead of feeling like the wack job on a cleanse - i think matt really appreciated that, as well! i'm sure the supplements and boosters and bee pollen also helped with this (i definitely noticed an energy boost after the bee pollen!), but i can't really say what they did...
most importantly, after every other cleanse i've basically jumped headfirst into a bowl of ice cream/chipotle burrito/pizza/wine/something delicious. so i lost weight and felt better but then didn't really change my habits. this time around, things got insane in my work and personal life in the days following this cleanse but i continued eating healthily and sleeping well - i think that the cleanse helped me to get myself in a better head space and manage my life more appropriately - which is really the point of a cleanse. also - i kept the weight off far longer with this cleanse than any other!
of course, nothing is perfect... the my glow bio juices arrived labeled as to what the juice was, but not in terms of the order to drink - so i had to go through, match everything up to the list, and number them myself. not the biggest issue, but one reason to pay for a cleanse is that it is easier/a time saver, so ideally they would start numbering the juices pre-shipping. also, next time i would only order 2 days - i couldn't finish all of the juices and smoothies each day and they were not really drinkable on the 4th day (this is less of an issue with the other cleanse programs b/c they ship in 2 day increments, not all at once). but, if and when i decide to cleanse again, it will definitely by my glow bio! (unless something new comes along! ;)